State of California is no longer being updated.

This was a 12-week pilot project in 2019-20 that explored new approaches for state websites.

If you need the current state homepage, visit

Apply for a Cal Grant (college financial aid)

A Cal Grant is money for college you don’t have to pay back.

  • ShowHide
    Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or

    the California Dream Act Application (CADAA)

    If you’ve already submitted your FAFSA or CADAA, you can go to step two.

    Apply for financial aid
  • ShowHide

    Once you’ve applied for financial aid, check if your school has shared your GPA with us.

    If they haven’t, you’ll fill out a one-page form and get it signed by any official from your high school or college. There’s no need to submit a transcript.

    Check your GPA status